Grounds Maintenance Crew Leader
(Must have 3 Years Experience to Apply)
Our Grounds Maintenance Crew Leader is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to manage the timely completion of our client’s contracts. The crew leader will be required to supervise our team members and operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specific job tasks, as well provide daily progress reporting on job time and cost data.
- Customer and quality focus. VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work. VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Plan and manage the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the AM and PM including all daily labor, equipment and materials required to complete daily objectives
- Cut grass, trim edges, clean up refuse, blow trimmings, fertilize and perform other lawn care duties
- Move and install soil, mulch and plant material to assist with the construction of landscape gardens and related areas
- Spray and dust areas to control insects and or weeds
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, zero turn mowers, push mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers.
- Plow Driving experience a +big plus+
- Supervise our team members to ensure proper safety, quality, and productivity
- Inspect all work for quality to eliminate the need for return visits and/or re-work due to quality or customer satisfaction issues
- Train team members on proper and safe job methods
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist in other job-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Complete and submit all required information on our operational software on a daily basis, including: daily time, photos, requests off, etc.
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- High School Diploma, GED, or Job Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the landscape/grounds maintenance industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete daily reports to office and/or customers
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record. REQUIRED
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work